Compiere Service Packs
Consona periodically produces Service Packs that include cumulative bug fixes on top of the latest available stable release. Compiere ERP Service Packs go through a full regression test before release. Service Packs enable customers to safely apply bug fixes to their production Compiere ERP systems without requiring a functional upgrade to the next release.
Access to Compiere Service Packs is included with Compiere Enterprise Edition subscriptions. Contact us to become a customer and gain access to Service Packs and other Compiere Services.
Latest Compiere Service Pack
Compiere 3.8.2 is the most recent service pack and is available to customers with Compiere Enterprise Edition subscriptions.
The Compiere 3.8.2 Release Notes include full details on new 3.8.2 features plus the additional bug fixes included in 3.8.2, in addition to installation and migration instructions.
Customers with support subscriptions may access Service Pack software, migration tools and source code through the Web Service Center.
Compiere ERP Service Pack FAQ
- How frequently will the Compiere ERP Service Packs be available?
Service Packs are planned approximately every 1-2 months.
- Is there a charge for downloading these Service Packs?
The Service Pack is free of charge for customers with Compiere Enterprise Edition subscriptions.
- Will new functionality be delivered through Compiere ERP Service Packs?
Service packs primarily deliver bug fixes, but at times we may deliver minor functional and/or usability enhancements. Each bug fix, enhancement and known issue will be documented in the Service Pack release notes.
- Can I apply a back dated service pack?
No. Service Packs are cumulative in nature and the latest Service Pack has all relevant bug fixes rolled into it.
- Do Service Packs have to be applied in a particular sequence?
Since there is only one Stable Release or Service Pack available for download at a time, you cannot sequence the application of these packs.
- Is there new documentation associated with the Compiere Service Pack?
Installation documentation is included in the release notes. Since, Service Packs primarily deliver bug fixes, new user documentation is not needed.
- I have an urgent need for a bug fix, I cannot wait for the next Service Pack to be available. What are my options?
For emergency or high priority issues, please log a support request. Our support representative will be in touch with you to discuss options.
- Will you make Compiere ERP Service Packs available to users who are not on support subscriptions (e.g. sourceforge.net)?
We publish major open source releases to SourceForge, not Service Packs. Improvements provided in Service Packs will eventually propagate to SourceForge when we publish the next open source release.
- How often will you introduce a new open source release?
Since new product releases are influenced by business needs, technology changes and the magnitude of enhancements, we cannot predict the exact date or interval between major releases.